Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Little Stevie Wonder : 12 Year Old Genius

If you know me, you know that I have an EXTENSIVE Stevie Wonder album collection. You probably name it, I got it. Granted that most of the 30+ records I own are greatest hits, or a tribute album ... such as Grover Washington's jazz tribute to Stevie Wonder; however, I do own all of his released albums in there. Alright - enough! "You like Stevie. We get it."

Well, here is one of my favorite videos of Stevie when he was fresh on the Motown scene. Pay close attention to the reactions of the audience. A blind, black child with soul was much too raw for many eyes, but what is undeniable in the video... he was born with soul. At 12, here is Little Stevie Wonder performing "Fingertips" from his Motown recording 12 Year Old Genius.

I am currently gathering information on the Benevento-Russo Duo, alums of Roving Festival Writer, while listening to Sleep Through the Static, Jack Johnson's new album. They (the Duo) are our third profiled artist of the 2008 Langerado Music Festival and I have some exciting news about recording and tour plans for the guys. A reposting of our acclaimed Joe Russo interview will be available as well.

-Rashon A. Massey


No comments: